Monday, March 5, 2007

me, Rajkumar & the goddessess.

For me it was absolute WOW when i landed in Bangalore about 7 years ago. But somehow i still had to put up with comments from even more old Bangaloreans who used to say that Bangalore has lost its ‘wow’ factor- it was really ‘wow’ some years ago.

When I revisit their comments I feel I am already become a Bangalorean. I love this place, I love the people, I love the climate, I love the gardens, I love the music here, I love my freedom of being me… but somehow I also already feel being part of the tribe of so called ‘old Bangaloreans’.


Truly Bangalore has evolved, the climate has changed(I don’t know if I have to call it the effect of Global Warming), the people composition has changed, the road has changed, the sounds have changed, the landscape has changed…. errr did I say LANDSCAPE.


Being in from the marketing fraternity- I have always followed the languages of Hoardings. I somehow believe Hoardings is one of the indicators of the health of the society.The content … in this case is still the king. We have seen some of landmark messages coming from this medium. But offlate I started noticing.

A malady creping in. All of a sudden almost all the political parties are now part of the CITY LANDSCAPE. Somehow they have realized that this is a very MASS and also CHEAP.

All the political parties…. err I mean the grass roots of these political parties have gone helter skelter by acquiring illegally EYES-SPACE so as to communicate the language which probably their party will subscribe or wont subscribe.




I don’t now if I have to classify this as an epidemic.. because almost every one is in the fray. You will notice that there I kewl pussy footing happening in this communication relm. “Keep the gods happy” seems to be the mantra.

Presence of these gods seems to be a protocol but the size, shape, form & color seems to be at the disposal of the so called “DYNAMIC LEADERS”.


I don’t know who give these people permission to erect these hoardings, who give this people permission to use the images of these so called FIGURES. The occasion can be of anything- be it some of these people birthday or an event or may be a festival. All of a sudden you will see all of them jumping at the opportunity, tuck the gods and goddesses in a corner and then hog the EYE-SPACE.

Budget 007 is just over and it seem Mr. Yeduriappa the Karnataka deputy chief minister and the soon to be chief minister had gone on record that Karnataka has been given a raw deal. Mr. DY Chief Minister- can I suggest you one option to rake in moolas. Please TASK THESE HOARDINGS- let the so called dynamic leaders pay for need of being seen by the larger public.

Or why don’t we allow RAJKUMAR and the gods and goddesses rest in peace and let your deeds speak for itself.

hey - this was my first attempt-- jus get back to me if it really sulked

b

No comments:

About Me

My photo
more of me on http://benoywilson.sulekha.com/ http://www.linkedin.com/in/benoywilson http://benoywilson.blogspot.com http://benoywilson.spaces.live.com/ http://www.youtube.com/benoywilson & a little bit of ego search http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=benoywilson

Followers

Linkedin